The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) today issued new guidelines for Unlock 2, allowing more activities in areas outside containment zones.
Guidelines for Unlock 2.0
- Lockdown shall continue to remain in force in containment zones till July 31st. In containment zones, only essential activities to be allowed.
- MOHFW will monitor the proper delineation of Containment Zones and implementation of the containment measures.
- States and UTs based on their assessment of the situation may prohibit certain activities outside the containment zone.
- Movement of passenger trains and Shramik special trains; domestic passenger air travel, movement of Indian nationals stranded outside the country will be continued to be regulated as per SOPs.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below 10 are advised to stay home.
- Night Curfew shall continue to remain in force, between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am, except for essential activities and other relaxations.
- Schools, colleges, educational & coaching institutions, International flights, metro rail, cinemas, gyms, pools, religious gatherings among others to remain prohibited till July 31st.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions & other large congregations remain prohibited.
- The use of Aarogya Setu mobile application will continue to be encouraged.
- The government has advised strict enforcement of the guidelines. State and UT governments shall not dilute the guidelines issued under the Disaster Management Act, 2005, in any manner.
- Any person violating the guidelines will face legal actions under Section 188 of the IPC.