The 43rd Annual General meeting is virtually going on at Reliance with its shareholders. It is for the first time, the AGM is happening virtually.
Last year, Mukesh Ambani promised to make the company debt-free before 2021. Today, he announced that they have done it ahead of the time. Also, RIL became the first Indian company to hit USD 150 Billion market cap.
- Google will invest in Jio Platforms: Google will invest Rs 33,737 crore for a 7.7 percent stake in Jio Platforms. Recently, Jio raised ₹1.1831845 trillion (US$17 billion) by selling a 25.24% equity stake in Jio Platforms.
- Jio Glass: Jio Glass is at the cutting edge of technology that provides best-in-class Mixed Reality services to give users a truly meaningful immersive experience.
- Jio TV Plus: Jio Tv Plus will curate OTT platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hotstar, among others, into one app. It will be voice-search enabled.
- Jio 5G solution: Jio is ready with a world-class 5G solution. Field deployment can happen next year.
- Recently launched Jio meet, a counter option for the video conferencing app, Zoom got 5 million downloads.
- Jiomart and WhatsApp will be working closely to create new opportunities for kirana stores and consumers.
- Google and Jio are partnering to build a smartphone operating system in India.
- Reliance to become net carbon-neutral by 2035.
- Reliance Foundation, it’s philanthropist wing will help to reach the COVID-19 vaccine to the last miles through the help of it’s digital and logistic channels.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances and COVID-19, the deal with Saudi Aramco has not progressed as per the earlier timeline.
- Jio is providing digital connectivity to over 40 crore people, empowering over 30,000 organisations to work from home, and lakhs of students to learn from home.
RIL’s revenue, profit, and share values are at a peak. Recently, it’s chairman, Mr. Mukesh Ambani became the world’s top 6th Billionaire surpassing Google’s Larry Page.