india-china-troops-pullback

Indian, Chinese troops disengage at Ladakh standoff points

In a major development in the India-China border issue, both Indian and Chinese forces have disengaged at multiple points in Eastern Ladakh along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). 

The People’s Liberation Army in the Galwan area has moved back troops and infantry combat vehicles by 2.5km. India has also moved back some of its troops. Sources said that the disengagement had taken place at three points in the Ladakh sector.

The Chinese army has pulled back its troops from Patrolling Point 14 (Galwan area), Patrolling Point 15, and Hot Springs.

The Galwan valley area was one of the areas which were in use for the face-off between the forces. There are still certain points where the disengagement needs to happen. For that, talks will happen between the two countries at the local level and also at the Lieutenant General level tomorrow or day after tomorrow. 

This comes as a sigh of relief for India and China, as the face-off comes at a time when both the countries are fighting against the COVID pandemic.

Both sides were focusing on resolving the issues on the dialogues table, through diplomacy. There were a number of talks that happened during the last week. A meeting happened last Friday where the diplomats from both the sides at the Joint Secretary level spoke to each other on making sure that their differences do not become disputes.

On June 7, the Ministry of External Affairs, India said that the two countries had agreed to peacefully resolve the situation in the border areas by continuing the military and diplomatic engagements.

Total
3
Shares
Related Posts
Total
3
Share